This is a collection of command line tools for processing TZX files. TZX is a common file format for preserving computer tapes of the ZX Spectrum, but also Amstrad CPC and C64. All the tzxtools are witten in Python 3.
- Convert your old ZX Spectrum tape recordings into TZX files.
- List, split, merge, and divide the blocks inside TZX files.
- Extract binary content from TZX blocks.
- Read hex dumps, disassembled Z80 machine code, or BASIC code.
- Convert ZX Spectrum screens to PNG files.
- Generate TAP files for ZX Spectrum Next and some emulators.
- Disassembler also supports all undocumented Z80 instructions and ZX Spectrum Next instructions.
pip install tzxtools
tzxcat- Extracts file data from a TZX file
tzxcleanup- Removes all clutter and leaves a clean tape file
tzxcut- Cuts blocks from a TZX file
tzxls- Shows the contents of a TZX file
tzxmerge- Concatenates multiple TZX files into one file
tzxsplit- Splits a TZX file into separate programs
tzxtap- Converts a TZX file to a TAP file
tzxwav- Converts WAV file tape recordings to TZX files